What is it?
More than just a dance - you will be playing a "modified" version of Monopoly as you dance. Don't like Monopoly? Don't worry... we took out all the pain and added in the fun.
Igloo BMX 25 Quart Cooler - Carbonite Gray/Carbonite Blue
- Heavy duty blow-molded construction with reinforced base for increased strength and protection.
- Extremely durable yet lightweight with proven 4-5 day ice retention
- UV inhibitors protect the cooler against sun damage for extended life.
- Rust-resistant, stainless-steel hinge rods and hardware provide extended performance.
- Rubberized T-grip latches keep lid secure.
- MaxCold body with 20% thicker foam and insulated lid provide advanced cooling performance and up to 4-day ice retention.
- Cool Riser Technology molded base elevates the cooler away from hot surfaces and improves cooling performance.
The dance hall will have huge poster board game spaces attached to the wall. These boards will be used to hold player tokens and keep track of who is in the lead. Direction of play is from GO board down the dance hall to the caller stage, then jumping across the hall and moving toward the front door. First player to reach the FINISH square wins the game.
Post-it Notes are used as game tokens. Each player will write their name on a post-it note when they arrive and place it on the GO board to start the game.
You can move your game token the indicated number of spaces every time you do one of the following
Dance a TIP (typically a patter and a singing call)
Dance a TIP with a new partner
Dance a TIP with a visitor from out of town
Dance a PLUS TIP
There will be announcements during the night to draw cards.
When you are done with a card return it to the bottom of the deck so it can be used again.
If you draw a Community Chest card and DO NOT do the challenge you do not move forward ANY spaces.
Additional Information / Clarification
A TIP is - typically two dances. From the time the caller gets the dancers on the floor until he says "take a break" and releases dancers to sit down.
If a card asks you to "Name" something you can grab a club member to judge your answers.